Those interested in visiting should apply at least three months before they intend to visit. To apply to the VIR program, please send the following documents to the International Graduate Programs Office of the Law School:
- A completed VIR-Application is required.
- A letter of intent – The letter of intent should present English-language and academic credentials, as well as an explanation of the reasons for the visit. This includes a clear research agenda, a proposed time frame for the visit, and any plans for auditing courses. The letter of intent should also describe sources of funding for the visit and identify any accompanying family members.
- Current resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of passport bio page
- Proof of English Language proficiency: Visiting Researchers applying for a J-1 visa must provide proof of English language proficiency. This can be done in one of three ways: a TOEFL or IELTS score, a letter from any English speaking institution the applicant attended attesting to the applicant’s proficiency, or a video-conference (Skype) interview with admissions representatives. This proof of English proficiency required for acceptance into our program.
- $75 application fee (Click here for payment methods)
- Optional: Letters of Recommendation: Letters of Recommendation may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org if they are sent from the email account of the person writing the letter, or the letters must be mailed directly to the school in a sealed envelope and signed across the seal. Recommendation letters must be in English or accompanied by an English translation.
You are encouraged to keep track of your application and completion status via our online Applicant Status Checker.