Those interested in visiting should apply at least three months before they intend to visit. To apply to the VIR program, please follow these instructions to complete an online application:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest and for application instructions.
- A letter of intent – The letter of intent should present English-language and academic credentials, as well as an explanation of the reasons for the visit. This includes a clear research agenda, a proposed time frame for the visit, and any plans for auditing courses. The letter of intent should also describe sources of funding for the visit and identify any accompanying family members.
- Current resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of English Language proficiency: Visiting Researchers applying for a J-1 visa must provide proof of English language proficiency. This can be done in one of three ways: a TOEFL or IELTS score, a letter from any English-speaking institution the applicant attended attesting to the applicant’s proficiency, or a video-conference (Zoom) interview with admissions representatives. This proof of English proficiency is required for acceptance into our program.
- Official Transcripts: Please submit transcripts from each university or college that you have attended. Transcripts must be in the language of the institution, as well as in English, and should explain the University’s grading system.
- Optional: Letters of Recommendation: Letters of Recommendation may be submitted via the online application system, or emailed to email@example.com if they are sent directly from the email account of the person writing the letter. Recommendation letters must be in English or accompanied by an English translation.